PRAYING DAILY AT HOME
We are the CHURCH … Walking in Prayer together as CHURCH.
We provide this simple format below that can be followed and prayed anytime you cannot get to daily Mass, but especially during this pandemic while there are no public Masses. Of course once Masses begin again, the obligation to attend Sunday Mass will be reinstated.
For the Holy Faith Sunday Mass page and Father’s homily go to: SUNDAYS at HOLY FAITH
Let us pray the Mass together in spirit:
- Make the Sign of the Cross over yourself.
- Pray: I confess to Almighty God and to you my brothers and sisters that I have greatly sinned in my thoughts and my words, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do, through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the angels and Saints, and you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.
- Scripture Readings (recommended especially on Sundays) Read the readings of the day at USCCB or on mypraishapp or in our current bulletin.
- Spend a moment offering prayers of petition for those the world, for those you love or for those you know are in need.
- Pray the “Our Father”
- Pray: Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us (grant us peace). (3x)
- Pray: Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, But only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Take a moment, close your eyes and picture Jesus next to you.
- Pray: Spiritual Communion
Jesus, I believe that you are truly present in the Most Blessed Sacrament. I love you above all things and I desire to possess you within my soul. Since I am unable now to receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart, I embrace you as already being there, and unite myself wholly to you. Never permit me to be separated from you.
You can also pray a “Hail Mary” and then give thanks to God for this time of prayer.
May God guide you and Bless you always.